Article published 31 August 2023
Denna artikel är äldre än fem månader och innehållet kan vara inaktuellt.
Personal Project Exhibition at The International school of Älmhult 2023
An exhibition and celebration of our MYP 5 students’ dedication, creativity and innovation. Personal Project is a student-centered project in which students explore an area of personal interest over an extended period.
It provides them the opportunity to consolidate their learning and develop important skills they’ll need in both further education and life beyond the classroom, says Ujjwala Bhatt, MYP coordinator.
It also helps them develop confidence to become principled, lifelong learners and demonstrate their understanding of MYP core concepts such as international-mindedness, communication, and reflection and skills like time management, critical thinking, and communication, says Ujjwal.
This year the students’ project included:
- Merging baking and publishing – creation of dessert zines,
- Expressing oneself through customization of fashion,
- Exploration of art styles - finding my art style and explore my personal and Cultural expressions with art exploring art styles,
- Making 6 different types of sushi rolls
- Making a RC vehicle
- Creating an illustrative children’s book.
- Learning about detective’s profession, writing a novel
- Learning shots in cricket
- Crohn’s disease
- Survival techniques in wild in primitive conditions and with limited tools
- Building a shelter in wilderness
- Learning to play a guitar solo