Administrator and fritidsledare
About the workplace
Älmhult Municipality is in an expansive phase of development, and its population is growing like never before. We need employees who are committed to making an active contribution to the development of the municipality. Älmhult combines the advantages of a small town with a unique international atmosphere. It is easy to live here and most things are close by. Good communications make commuting easy.
The International School of Älmhult is a warm, friendly and welcoming school. We are truly international in many senses. There are 56 different nationalities and backgrounds represented amongst our students. We also strive to employ a diverse community of teachers. This year we can boast teachers coming from 36 different countries. We are an IB school, which means that we are progressive and work to develop the skills for the 21st century and prepare our students for an ever-changing world. ISÄ is a member of a newly founded Playful schools leadership network, as a Poineer school, that strives to inspire and to become more playful. In our teacher collaborations the next years focus will be teacher inquiries connected to various learning needs. The school has developed and grown over the past five years, so we now have around 500 students. In 2017, we moved into our new home: a modern and eco-friendly building, with a lot of open space and light. The school is in the town of Älmhult, southern Sweden, which is a safe and convenient place for families to live.
We have a Swedish preschool and an EYP (IB PYP) Program at the same time, and it means that we follow both the Swedish LPFÖ (curriculum for preschools) and the IB standards and practices at the same time. Our afterschool club/Fritids is also based on the Swedish national Fritids curriculum, but the educational language is English.
The International School of Älmhult was authorized for The International Baccalaureate`s Primary Years Programme in May 2003 and for The Middle Years Programme in May 2009. The school has a friendly atmosphere and all lessons are given in English.
Work tasks in Fritids
If you are open minded to learn the progressive pedagogy and love to collaborate, ISÄ is the place for you!
At ISÄ, our vision is to inspire lifelong learning through collaboration, communication, and taking positive actions in our environment. We are looking for teachers who can help us realize this vision in using inquiry-based pedagogy of the IB.
As an afterschool/Fritids teacher, you work with students between the ages of 6-12. Your responsibility is to ensure that children have a meaningful leisure time before, during and after school. This by creating and developing a safe and secure environment that attracts and challenges children to play and to learn. To do so, you work together in a small team of 12 Fritids staff. As an after-school teacher you are responsible of planning for and working in after school activities, working as in-class support or student assistent in the classrooms. You will also plan for and take part in break activities, attend required meetings/educations and work interdisciplinary with staff at the school and other schools.
Work tasks in administration
As our school administrator you are the Spider in the web and the person, who has most contact with most people both inside and outside of the school. You are our welcoming front figure. And you will be working with:
• New student admissions, and administration around leaving students
• Keep track of incoming and moving students, and support with all transitions
• Administer invoices (in Raindance), connect this to our budget
• Write contracts (winlas)
• Post advertisements (Offentliga job and IB jobs)
• Welcome and onboard new overseas hires and support with workpermits (collaborate with a law-firm)
• Keep track of time for renewal of work-permits
• Take minutes in meetings
• Follow up on budget together with school management
• Work with the school schedules (in skola 24 and IST)
• Send grades to receiving schools
• Organize TEAMs and update our staff handbook
• In charge of the physical student archive
• Administer all health and safety documents
• Book travels and workshops
• Reception-role, supporting with various daily questions from staff, parents, and students
• Contact HR and Economy department, when teachers need support
• Register feedback, suggestions, complaints, decisions in Evolution.
• Administrate the schools Instagram
• Register lunch coupons and sick leaves in Visma
• Carry out the analysis o
The successful applicant is an excellent, flexible and effective communicator in all forms of English - written and spoken. You have a Bachelors degree in teaching, preferably after-school pedagogue, or appropriate level of education (university or similar) that the employer values equal.
You also need to be able to:
- respond positively to change
- collaborate effectively
- work positively and effectively with staff and parents
- work to seek solutions and take initiatives
- be a life-long learner and reflect on your own practices
- learn new digital tools (Raindance, Adato, Visma, Skola 24, IST and Winlas
Knowledge in the Swedish Fritids curriculum as well as the IB PYP curriculum is preferred
Facts about the assignment
- Occupational area
- Form of employment
- Permanent employment
- Experience required
- Number of seats
- Apply by
- Maria HaglundHead of schoolPhone: 0476-551 88E-mail: Maria Haglund
- Fackliga organisationer via kommunens Servicecenter
Before employment, a copy of your criminal record is required.
Visit our website to learn more about how it is working with us: www.almhult.se/jobbahososs