Kulturskolan - school of arts
We can offer you courses in music, dance, art and theatre, photographing and handcraft.
Register for the Autumn term 2022
You will directly know if your child has got a place or not.
Everyone can learn
Everyone can learn, whatever their skills and background, and the courses we provide offer comprehensive training. We aim to offer something from everyone, with programmes for all levels of aptitude.
Songs for the Kulturskolan Spotify list are compiled in one room, while others play host to rehearsals for the next musical theatre performance and preparations for a forthcoming exhibition. Meanwhile, on the bottom floor, the string orchestra is practicing for a concert and children's laughter can be heard from the dance room during a ballet lesson.
Focus on fun
We believe the joy of learning, performing and collaborating is especially important, as well as creating a sense of belonging. You can meet new friends here and put on large or small performances, exhibitions and shows working together. With this in mind, we strive to ensure children and young people play together in groups as much as possible.
Apply to Kulturskolan
In order to attend the music school you must complete a registration form and send it to us. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
The municipality provides large subsidies to Kulturskolan, however, this does not cover the full cost of your course. This is why we charge a fee for attending Kulturskolan. The fees charged by Älmhult Municipality are substantially lower than in many other local authorities, and this is because the decision makers in Älmhult believe in the importance of Kulturskolan.
How much does it cost to attend?
All prices stated are per child and term. The sibling discount applies only to subject courses.
- We have free courses in photographing, handcraft and choir singing
- All other courses cost SEK 700 per term
- Instrument rental cost SEK 300 per term
Sibling discount (subject courses only)
- Child 1: SEK 700
- Child 2: SEK 525
- Child 3: SEK 350
Invoices from Kulturskolan
Invoices will be sent once every term. If your invoice is incorrect in any way, you must get in touch with us before it is due for payment.
Please contact us at:
- Violin (from grade 1)
- Cello (from grade 1)
- Double bass (from grade 3)
- Recorder (from grade 2)
- Flute (from grade 3)
- Clarinet (from grade 3)
- Saxophone (from grade 3)
- Trumpet (from grade 3)
- Trombone (from grade 3)
- Tenor horn (from grade 3)
- Tuba (from grade 3)
- Cornet (from grade 3)
- Piano (from grade 3)
- Electric guitar (from grade 3)
- Acoustic guitar (from grade 3)
- Electric bass (from grade 3)
- Drums (from grade 3)
- Samba orchestra (minimum of 10 students required to run)
Other courses within music
- Chorus (grade 3-5)
- Musical production (grade 3)
- Music ensemble for children with disabilities (from 6 years)
- Music group, we play instruments, the course is for children with disabilities (from grade 7). If you have a children with disabilities of course she or he can apply for other courses than the one mentioned.
- Ballet (from 4 years)
- Street dance (from grade 3)
- Indian dance (classic, modern) (from 4 years)
- Theatre, show (from grade 2)
Art, photo and handcraft
- Art (from the age of 10 and above)
- Photo (from grade 4)
- Handcraft (different ages)
In this time we are living in, Kulturskolan is even more important. Everyone needs a place where you can create, learn through play, develop, express yourself and discover new things. Kulturskolan is also a place for new encounters.
When you leave Kulturskolan we want you to bring something positive that you, in different ways, will make use of in life. Perhaps a hobby for life or be able to go on to higher studies. In our Kulturskola we love diversity and will adapt the education after your circumstances as far as possible.
Kulturskolan in Älmhult is part of the municipality's activity and the municipality is very positive to give children and youths meaningful cultural activities.
Good to know
- At least 22 tuition opportunities are included per term. In this performances and plays are included.
- You can rent the following instruments: violin, cello, trombone, horn, clarinet and saxophone.
- The tuitions are mostly 20 minutes each week, during or after schooltime. After schooltime the tuition take place at Kulturskolan or in locals adapted for the activity. The schedule for group lessons can vary.
At Kulturskolan we want to be approachable for all children in the municipality, not only for those actively applying to us and our courses. That is why we work in parallel with our subject course activities in different projects.
Jennie Winquist, activity manager
Maja Claesson, art teacher
Emil Engström, brass teacher (brass, recorder)
Rupa Pal, dance teacher, indian dance
Michelle Pan, dance- and piano teacher (not indian dance)
Beatrice Engman, photo teacher
Patrik Bernstein, guitar-, electric guitar-, bass- and drums teacher and teacher in music production
Åsa Thorsén Mogensen, rhythmics teacher and drama/music teacher for children and youths with disabilities
Lars-Erik Sundell, string teacher
Ingela Widén, theatre teacher
Tobias Sandén, woodwind- and song teacher
Jennie Winquist, all-round teacher
343 32 Älmhult
Blohméhuset (same house as the library)
Skolgatan 1, Älmult External link.Folkets hus
According to agreement with teacher
Vi svarar på frågor om kommunens service och verksamhet, ring eller skicka e-post till servicecenter.