Hoppa direkt till innehållet

Urgent social assistance

Do you or anyone you know need help in an urgent situation? Perhaps you suspect that a child or other person is in danger? It could also be a case of violence, abuse or addiction.

During office hours

You can call us during office hours if you need help, advice and support in the following areas:

  • Issues relating to children, young people or families.
  • Financial help and support.
  • Alcohol, gambling or drug addiction.

Call us at phone 0476-550 00.

After office hours

If you require urgent social assistance in an emergency and can’t wait until the following weekday, call SOS Alarm on 112

Other contact information

SOS Alarm

If you or anyone you know find yourself in an emergency situation and need immediate assistance, call the police, ambulance service, fire brigade, sea rescue, mountain rescue, poisons information centre, on-call doctor or air rescue. Open 24 hours a day.
Phone 112

BRIS Helpline for children

Anyone under the age of 18 can call and speak to an adult about anything at all. The service is free of charge, and your number will not be displayed on our phones.
Phone 116 111

BRIS Helpline for adults (about children)

Adults are welcome to call anonymously to talk about anything of concern. You can call about your own children or other people’s, and get information about where to turn for further assistance.
Phone 077-150 50 50

Swedish Poisons Information Centre

This service answers questions about acute poisonings and provides advice about suitable treatment in cases of poisoning.

Phone 112 when acute poisonings, 08-33 12 31 in less urgent cases.

Women’s helpline

A helpline for women who fall victim to violent or threatening behaviour. The relatives and friends of those affected are also welcome to call. Calls are free of charge, wherever you live, and will not appear on your phone bill.
Phone 020-50 50 50

"Kvinnojouren Märta" women’s refuge, Ljungby

"Kvinnojouren" listens to those who need help and provides support. They can also help you when dealing with the police, social services or healthcare centre.
Phone 0372-814 85


For cases that are not urgent.
Phone 114 14

Save the Children – concerns about violent extremist behaviour

If you’re concerned someone close to you has become involved in an extremist organisation, call the Save the Children prevention helpline for advice and support. You can also get details about the support available in the area where you live, and get in touch with the people who work with these issues in your municipality. Calls are taken on weekdays from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. and 1.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m., and on Wednesdays until 7.00 p.m. The prevention helpline is manned by support assistants who speak several languages. Calls are anonymous and will not appear on your phone bill.
Phone 020-100 200

Red Cross On-call friend helpline

Those under the age of 25 can call the Red Cross on-call friend helpline to talk about issues they don’t want or dare to discuss with anyone else.
Phone 020-222 444

Red Cross helpline

Need someone to talk to? Anyone can end up in a situation where they lose their footing, feel unhappy or worried and need someone to talk to.
Phone 0771-900 800

Healthcare advice helpline

Call 1177 any time of the day or night for healthcare advice. This service can help you decide if you can resolve the issue yourself or need to visit a doctor or nurse.
Phone 1177